Robert Szymanek, PhD
Piano Tutor & Performance Coach
• Fun and focused teaching tailored to the needs of each student
• Beginners to advanced / professional.
• Online and in person in Central London.
• Finding more satisfaction, success and happiness in music.
• Realising more creative potential.
• Resolving long-term issues in music.
• Course Leader in Ensemble Performance in Gamelan, The University of Manchester - 2016-present
• Professional Development Tutor and Manson Fellow, Royal Academy of Music - 2013-2017
• Composition and Gamelan Workshops with LSO Discovery & Royal Holloway, University of London - 2014-2015
Performance & Composition
• Performances and workshops at WOMAD Charlton Park, Southbank Centre, BBC Madia Vale, and internationally in UAE, USA, Japan and Indonesia.
• LSO Soundhub Composer - 2014-2015
Training and Education
• Schema Therapy Training with Schema Therapy Associates - 2022-23
• PhD in Composition, Royal Academy of Music - 2012
• Masters in Advanced Musical Studies - Royal Holloway, University of London - 2005
• International Society of Schema Therapists (ISST)
• Independent Society of Musicians (ISM)